Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Forgotten Faces









This striking young man, was a loving father, grand father and wonderful husband of 32 years. Since his death in 1996, he has had 4 grand children (7 total) and 1 great grand child born who have never seen him other than in photographs.

He would have been 76 this past August 9th. He was 6'3", very handsome and very much a Take Charge type of guy because of his 23 years in the Marines.

I loved this man who use to put me up on his shoulders and spin me around. This man, I called Dad. I was his first born...I gave him his first grand son and he, his first great grand child. My mother and he were married for 32 years but that time seems so far away now...

There are many wonderful things I can tell you about my dad, but still even more that I have begun to forget. If only I had at least written something on the back of the many photos I have of our life together...

Being in the military, we lived in some extraordinary places...seen some wonderful things as well but all I have are photos and no dad to tell my children what happened when I was small. There are no words on the backs of many of these photos and my mother, being 70 now, doesn't recall a lot of the details...

If only we had preserved the pictures better. Oh sure, some are in photo albums, but most in shoe boxes. We didn't have digital cameras with memory cards or computer hard drives to download them to. So even if we did get around to getting them developed, in the boxes they'd go.  Because "We had our memories..."

But now with the age of digital technology, how much better will my grand kids ( and I have one, LOL ) have it. We can easily document and preserve each and every photo we take. There are storybooks being written to share with friends and families so that our loved ones and places we've been will NEVER be forgotten...

Take the time to preserve your past...You have a heritage like no other that will come after you...Do not let the past be forgotten...Someone, wants to know who you are...That someone may be very near and dear to your heart....

Won't it be nice to share with them, just where they came from???

My name is Lenisa
Preserver of the past with Book Your Pix and Heritage Makers
http://www.book-your-pix.com/
www.heritagemakers.com/456184
bookyourpix@yahoo.com
740-466-9729
I would love to be your Photo Preservation Consultant

Every Picture tells a story....

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your father. I feel your passion for creating and being involved in creating picture memories of family and friends. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete